Biking in Cat Ba is one of the most interesting activities in Cat Ba island. This trip is made in Cat Ba island for whom want to get good environment in Cat Ba and eco active for visiting Cat Ba national park, departure from your hotel in Cat Ba, then drive to Cat Ba national park, short trip by trek up to the view point, then back to Cat Ba by different way, you can do for half day morning or afternoon when staying in Cat Ba island.
Biking in Cat Ba island
– Equipment included: Helmet, repairing tool, bottle of water, spare tire, pump, map
– Self-guided route:
+ Cross island jungle way (half day):
- Phu Long harbour – Cat Ba town, or vice-versa (~25km).
- Rolling hill all the way, no shade but good ocean views.
- Sight seeing stops: Thien Long cave in Phu Long.
+ Cross island ocean way (half day):
- Gia Luan harbour – Cat Ba town or vice-versa (~25km).
- Sight seeing stops: Bee farm, cucupine farm, Trung Trang cave, Hospital cave
+ The loop (half day):
- Start cycling in Cat Ba town touring the loop through the National Park, Hien Hao village and Tran Chau fishing village. A good blend of coastal and jungle sceneries (~31km).
- Flat road with two big climbs, shady and cool.
- Sight seeing stops: Bee farm, Porcupine farm, Trung Trang cave, Hospital cave.
+ The Big loop (full day):
- Start cycling in Cat Ba town to Phu Long fish farm via Ocean road 25km, visit Thien Long cave by boat.
- Lunch at Hoang Long restaurant on mangrove wet land.
- Cycle back to Cat Ba via the jungle route (25km), and visit Bee farm and porcupine farm on the way.
- You also have the choice of seeing more caves such as Trung Trang cave, Hospital cave etc.